Sunday, November 23, 2008

Trisha Chatto: Sweet 16

Having seen her as a tot in the loving arms of her mom, Dame Maria Pureza Chatto (wife of public servant 1st district Rep. Edgar Chatto), I have to rub my eyes twice to make sure that the flawless-complexioned, dainty young lady (who turned 16 yesterday, Nov. 22, this tradition is a welcoming of a girl to womanhood just like a debut which has the same essence as the Sweet 16 and Quinceañera) before me is, indeed, Trisha Chatto (Esther Patrisha Veloso Chatto in real life).

How she has grown! It seems only yesterday my friend that her mom was seen bringing along in her meetings and social events.

“Once in a lifetime does a girl turn sixteen, never again will this age be seen. I am now Sixteen!” says Trisha.

Trisha’s birthday reminds me of Sound of Music’s Sixteen Going On Seventeen-- “ I am sixteen going on seventeen, I know that I'm naïve, fellows I meet may tell me I'm sweet, And willingly I believe…I am sixteen going on seventeen, innocent as a rose, bachelor dandies, drinkers of brandies, what do I know of those..”

Being the only daughter of a well-to-do family, she may have grown with a silver spoon in her mouth, but she remains simple and unaffected.

Trisha’s cause for the underprivileged goes back when she was in elementary at the Bohol Wisdom School. She could help in raising funds for the Girl Scouts of the Philippines, United Nations Youth Association of the Philippines, Pink Panthers and other charitable institutions. On her birthday, she asked her friends “to omit gifts” and those who wished to donate cash or in kind can help the Life Philippine Foundation for her feeding program for indigent children.

Since then, she has been actively involved in various community works and has been exposed to the community. It wasn’t long when she joined the Samahang Kabataan Volunteers Club (SKVC), an extended arm of the Sangguniang Kabataan Bohol Federation office.

As to why she is drawn to doing community work, she relates “I’ve already been blessed with everything I could possibly ask for. I want to be able to help those who are not as fortunate as I am. I also believe that it’s my duty as an individual and as a Filipino to help my fellowmen. It’s also a way for me to improve myself through the different experiences I get by being involved in various activities and a way to make new friends.”

She may have all the material comforts a girl her age wants, but her desire goes beyond the material. She must have be lucky to have a supportive family and friends who are more than willing to support her simple mission.

Get to know a little more about Trisha as she “plays favorites.”
Actor – Shia Saide Labeouf.
Actress - (International) Angelina Jolie and (Local) KC Concepcion. They're both very talented and they're both UN ambassadors! Haha
Movies- The Guardian (“The characters there save people's lives and that's something I would love to do.”) Click (It shows that you could no longer change what you have done in the past. so you have to make the most of every moment.”)
Singer- Lea Salonga. (“She has an amazing voice.”)
Song- River Flows in You by Yiruma. Although it's an instrumental, I love the way it sounds.
Book- I have a lot of favorite books. But right now, the Twilight Saga. Nakakakilig kasi. Just enough for a teenage girl like me. I share this love with my classmates and cousins. Haha
Perfume - Pink from Victoria's Secret.
Sport- I'm not really a sports person. I like to ice skate but I don’t really do it as a sport. Just as a hobby.
Fruit- Mango.
Snacks- Skyflakes :)
Dish- Carbonara. yumyum. :)
Part of her body- My wrists and hands.
Crush- Secret. Haha :)
Hideaway- Somewhere with a beach.. I love the sea.
Hobbies- Reading, going out with my friends.
Recipe(s)- Mom's mango float and Auntie Nikki's caesar salad.
Subjects (in school)- English.
Author-Sidney Sheldon. I have all his books!
Part of her face: Eyes and cheeks.
Part of a boy’s body: Eyes.
Sleeping wear- Shorts and one of dad's shirts. Its very comfy. Hehe
Car(s)- Porsche. Classy.
Pet- Dogs.
Saint- St. Cecilia. Her feastday is on my birthday.
Hero (es)- Mom, dad and Vance, my bff. They've done nothing but the best for me. I love them very much. Life would never be the same without those three.
Comics character- W.i.t.c.h. That's the only comic book I ever read! Haha
Time of the Day- Night time. I like to stargaze.
Day of the week- Friday. I get to rest well at night. Back to busy life na naman on Saturday. Haha
Part(s) of the house- The picture wall in my bedroom. It has pics of me, my family and best friends. :)
TV shows- Gossip girl. I love the fashion.. and Greek, its interesting but I watch them over the internet.
Restaurant- The resto in Peacock Garden. I love the food. Everytime I try a different dish, it's delicious.
Most precious possession- My family and my friends.
City- New York. The city that never sleeps.:)
Color(s)- Pink, green and blue.

Expression- "Ay shakoy!" Haha.. I say that everytime I make a mistake. Haha!

What’s up?

• Sam Penaso, a visual and performance artist from Bohol, will present his recent abstract paintings in his 10th solo exhibition opens on November 21 (6pm) to December 4 at the Galerie Astra, 2nd level, LRI Design Plaza, Nicanor Garcia St. (Reposo) Bel Air ll, Makati City, Tel. 8903988.

Penaso recently has been invited to do his Performance Art at “Asia Performance Art Festival” in Seoul and Gwangju Biennale, Korea and also a Group exhibition at Gallery Nuri, Korea Foundation Cultural Center.

His exhibition entitled “Keombae” is taken from the Korean term for “cheers” inspired by his short trip around Seoul and Gwangju Biennale.

A Bachelor of Fine Arts graduate from the Technological University of the Philippines, Penaso also took units in sculpture at Philippine Women’s University Institute of Fine Arts, He is one of the core members of the Tupada Action and Media Art (Tama) group of Performance Artist.

To know more about Sam and his works, please visit www.sampenaso.multiply.com.

1 comment:

smithsan said...

The Founding Festival Members of the Association are Singapore Arts Festival, China Shanghai International Arts Festival, Hong Kong Arts Festival, and Jakarta International Arts Festival.
-------------
smithsan
whitehat